Saturday, August 6, 2011

My try at marketing myself

This morning I went to Upland Vac and Sew and brought with me some of my quilts and wall hangings. The reason why I met with them was to see if they would be interested in hiring me as a quilting teacher. I think I made a very good impression. Since the one of the owners had an unexpected family thing going on, I'll have to go back on Tuesday night to show her my stuff. However, I was able to meet with the other owner and the manager. My task was to show them something new and different.... I showed them my jelly roll race quilt with the appliqued saying, "Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love." They currently do not sell jelly rolls, however, I still made the suggestion that they might think around carrying them... I could do a jelly roll race class. I think the idea went over pretty good....we'll see on Tuesday night. All in all, I think it was a good meeting!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for leaving your comments.... much appreicated!!