Thursday, August 25, 2011


In 1966, I took sewing lessons at a sewing store in Midland Park, NJ. I was nine years old. My first project was a very 60's, hot pink dress with neon green rick-rack trim. My teacher hung my dress in the store window for all to see. I was very proud!! (I still have that dress) My teacher was Virginia Fawcett. During my visit to NJ on August 22nd, I stopped by the store to see her and to thank ...her.....but she wasn't there. Such a bummer. I really wanted to let her know that my love affair with sewing has been such a fulfilling and wonderful experience!!! I will have to try again to meet up with her on my next trip. Anyone in the area who is looking for sewing lessons.. you have to check it out http://www.needlecraftschool.org/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanx for leaving your comments.... much appreicated!!